CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bodies!

Since we have been out here, in PA, And Beau has had his new busy schedule, we finally (a couple months ago) instituted a weekly date night. I have become dependant on Friday night to get me through the rest of the week. Anyways, for our date this past Friday, we went to a museum exhibit Beau has been wanting to see for a while called "Bodies." They displayed real preserved human bodies, (without skin) so you could see the bones, muscles, and organs. I was a little worried I'd be grossed out, but it was amazing. They even had displays where they had filled a body's arteries and veins with a red silicone material and then disolved everything else away so you could see just the circulatory system floating in water. AMAZING! There was also a display of fetuses (all had naturally died due to complications in utero). They had injected the little bodies with a dye that showed bone development so, on a fetus that was only like 12 weeks old (a little over an inch) you could see every little arm, leg, finger, and toe bone. Beau LOVED the whole thing because he got to show off to me how much he knows.

There were a few moments that I felt like I was in a horror movie and I almost expected the bodies to jump out at me a couple times, but for most of the exhibit I couldn't help but wonder how anyone could believe there was any way this could have all happened by chance, or without an intelligent creator. It was truely an awesome experience to see how amazing our bodies are and I want to tell everyone I know to see this exhibit if it comes to your city. Pictures are not allowed but we bought a souveneir book so here are a couple pics (they didn't have any of the fetuses though whick were my favorite part), and this is nothing like seeing it in person. The first is self explanatory (one of the bodies) and the second is the circulatory system I mentioned earlier (it was made up of thousands of thread-like red veins and arteries).

6 comments:

Catey said...

Isn't that exhibit amazing?!? We went and saw it in Vegas and I loved it! Aaron still thinks I'm nuts that I want to go back to see it when I can spend more than 2hrs there! : ) He was afraid that the fetal exhibit would bother me, but I found it so fascinating-definitely the highlight to me. (ok-now we all know what a geek I really am! lol)

Rheanna said...

that sounds awesome! I've now heard about it from two of you and really want to see it!

HalnJess said...

Now I feel like a chicken because I passed up this exhibit and went to the children's exhibit next door because I wasn't sure I could handle it! Now I've got to go back and see it!!

I love the date night idea. You guys are awesome!

Jacquie said...

yeah, we're dorks too Katie, we were there over two hours. The fetuses were my fave too (I don't think anyone could support abortion after seeing them).

And Yes, Rheanna and Jess, you NEED to go! I'm a wuss too but it wasnt gross it was just cool. (now if there was blood or needles involved......I don't know)

Ashley said...

That is so funny that you blogged this. Steve and I were just talking about this a few days ago, because I had heard all about it from a girl in our Ward - we want to go, I thought that it was still in Vegas, so I guess that I will have to wait a bit longer.

Jacquie said...

It may still be in Vegas, there are ten of them that travel all over the work (like 6 in the US)