CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just call me a RUNNING MACHINE!

I just ran 2 miles for the first time in my life. Just got home from the gym and I have to admit, part of what kept me running was the thought "I'm so gonna put this on my blog!" Yes, thats right everyone, I am tootin my own horn! Before tonight I have only ever gone 1.25 miles. I wasn't planning on going far tonight either but I was running a little slower than usual and felt like I could keep going so I did. I realize this is not a big deal to most of my "in-shape" friends but, I am obviously overjoyed! For anyone who does care....if anyone..... I did it in 19:10! My unofficial goal now is to do a 5K by June. Now, I'm going to bed.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to go!
I told you that is a HUGE accomplishment! I remember doing those BIG jumps - it makes you feel so good and to know that you aren't going to die if you push yourself a little harder than before. I AM proud of you!
Working your way to our 10k!
I just signed up for the Marathon this week, I'll put you on for next year!!! :)

Rheanna said...

Good for you! I think that's amazing!

Celeste said...

All of you runners are making me want to be a runner! What can I say, I'm a follower. Maybe if I get some good shoes I can start out jogging and see how that goes :)

HalnJess said...

TOOT THAT HORN!!! That is awesome! I'm so impressed that it makes me want to go run out the door right now and workout!

Turners said...

How great for you!!! The way you wrote this post was totally crackin me up - I was almost laughing out loud!!! (Thanks!)