CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Heavenly Mommy Moment

Today started out not so great. Both girls woke up before 6am and wouldn't go back to sleep. But they were both still tired and whiney all morning. Needless to say, I was pretty tired too and not wanting to deal with them.

Also, lately Kailee hasn't been going to bed very well so I had to cut her nap down to 1 1/2 hours. Since she used to sleep for 2 to 3 hours and I now have Ava who doesn't always want to nap right when Kailee goes down, my house cleaning, dish washing, laundry, and free time has been substantially decreased. So, today when I went to wake her from her short nap, I was ready to turn around and get to a few more chores while she lay there waking up. But she said to me in her cute groggy voice "Mommy, don't leave me." So I lay down with her and when I did she wrapped her arm around my neck and fell back asleep. As I lay there for the next ten minutes I started thinking of all of the things I had to do and wondered if I could slip out from under her arm without waking her. Then I remembered that someday she will not want to cuddle mommy any more and I should just enjoy it. So I got a nice little break and got to watch my sweet angel sleep for a few minutes till she woke up and gave me another big hug. Sigh. Made the rest of the morning worth it.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So Sweet!
That's why I try and remember to 'Find Joy in the Journey' - they are only little for a short time!

HalnJess said...

Cute. That is so sweet. It's like a little mommy pay-day...