CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 22, 2008

My New Goal!

Ok, so the only reason I'm posting this is so that I will be too embarassed to give up. I decided I should start doing some form of exercise since I haven't done much since before I was married. My neighbor here in PA, Brittney, ispretty into running so I let her talk me into running with her. We've been to the gym a few times in the past couple weeks and it took me a couple times to work up to it but I finally ran a 10 minute mile last night. (yes, i'm that out of shape) Anyways, which I will keep you updated on, is to run a 10K. Probably not for a while obviously, especially if I get pregnant anytime soon. Yes, that is a probability. Beau is really busy but he still has his priorities in a pretty good order. Anyways, I'm shooting for next spring since a friend said she would come run it with me if I make it. (Don't think that gets you out of coming to visit this spring though!) So there ya go, now I have to do it! Or you will all know I am a big QUITTER!

P.S. I have already begun to lose a little bit of weight and now can truely understand the phrase "rocks in socks".

7 comments:

Celeste said...

Ok, I totally feel like I am being left outside a store, looking in through the windows, while all of my friends are inside shopping and having fun!!! I am so bummed that I have such awful knees!!! I could definitely use the exercise, that's for sure, but I'm not sure it'll be worth the painful, swollen knees!! You and Ashley have fun in the marathon and this spring!! :)

Jacquie said...

Celeste, so far, I am NOT having any fun! And you and Ashley are leaving me out of a lot more (most importantly a very important movie you all get to see together in December). But if you want, i'll train extra hard and when we get back we can run a race and pull you behing in some sort of stroller!! :)

Celeste said...

Let's do it!!! I wanna see you girls workin' hard to get my rather large rear-end over the finish line :) And about the movie, I say that you come out here and go see it with us!!! :) Wouldn't that be great?!? :)

Ashley said...

Okay, now are you are totally accountable!
I am glad that I am not the only one with 'rocks in socks' to be sportin' around this summer in a bathing suit!
And by the way - getting pregnant is NO EXCUSE! (Do you not remember Maryanne out there the day before she gave birth running?!?) Just kidding - I will let you off the hook if that does happen, but then I can come out anyway to see the babe!

Rheanna said...

I think it's awesome that you are wanting to run! I would love to love running, but I don't :o) Celeste, you and I can walk instead! I'm so lost...rocks in socks???

HalnJess said...

Very impressed with you all!! Now I'm secretly going to try out a mile on the treadmill instead of my usual elliptical (I'll be dying on the vine, I'm sure)

Saw your cute mom yesterday. She's excited to come visit and I wish you were HERE! I'm a total geek and I don't know anyone in the ward!

Turners said...

Your blog is darling! Totally as cute as any other I've seen!!! I was crackin up with your Beau vs Edward list - very clever!