CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Ode to Toby


Any of my or Beau’s friends probably recognize our little 1990 civic “Toby.” Yeah, that’s right, we name our cars. Anyways, this was the first new car my mom bought after she divorced my dad and it has been part of the family since then. I have had this car since I turned 16. When Beau was deployed with the military, we sold his truck and just kept this car as our family vehicle. After the year in Colorado, we bought our accord and Beau started driving Toby. He’s had minor problems here and there but over-all he has been a great car! I just realized I’m calling my car “he” and not “it” and maybe that explains why I’m so sad that we had to finally replace him last Thursday! Beau hit a deer on his way to clinicals and the radiator burst. We figured it would be more money that the car was worth to get it fixed and Beau’s been going without air conditioning for a bout 3 years, which I haven’t been thrilled about. It gets so hot and humid here and his clinicals are usually at least an hour away so while i feel sorry for the deer and my poor Toby, I’m glad Beau will now have a nice comfortable and reliable car for his commutes. I just need to remember that Toby is just a car and has no feelings. I felt horrible as we just abandoned him in the hospital parking lot and called the tow truck to come and pick him up. Poor Toby!

5 comments:

Celeste said...

LOVE THE BREAKING DAWN COUNTDOWN!!! I WANT ONE!!!

As for the dead car, I feel your pain. When Greg and I started dating he brought a car into the relationship. That little greenish-blue Subaru was at our side for nearly 10-11yrs. Shortly after moving to Eagle Mountain we sold it and I hate admit it but I felt like crying as the new owner drove off with it!! :( sniff-sniff.

You'll have to tell me how you got that countdown!!!

Turners said...

Too bad about the car - I am glad Beau didn't get hurt! Ok, so my friend has a website on her blog you have to check out (maybe you have already seen it but I thought I would pass it along anyway!) Go to my blog and then the Morris family and it is along the right hand side and it is Twilight something or other! Enjoy!

HalnJess said...

I love that you named him Toby!! Awesome - it was a sad day when we lost "El Guapo", which was really a "she." I will have a moment of silence for you...

Celeste said...

Will I ever get onto your blog and not see the photo of your most-beloved car?!?! Hello??? Are you still out there somewhere?!?

I'm sure when the new Twilight book comes out, you'll be so excited that you won't be able to keep from blogging about it! :)

HalnJess said...

Ok Jac - Have you seen this website? http://shop.cafepress.com/twilight

I was totally busting up! Had to forward it along!!

Just got your brother's announcement - they are SO cute. My sister and I loved his fiance's dress. Where did she get it??