CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Half Way There!

So, you all may remember back in February I set a goal to run a 10K. This past weekend I ran my first 5K. It was harder than I thought because I've run further than 3 miles on my treadmill, I pushed myself harder without realizing it while I ran the race. Towards the end I was pretty tired. Sad, after only 3 miles, I know. It was cool though because I got to do it in D.C and run past the Capitol, the Washington Memorial, Supreme Court, etc. I finished in 27:25 not too fast compared to all the good runners there, but almost 3 mins better than I'd done at home.


Thought I'd also post a picture of the real reason we went to D.C. To visit the temple! It was so nice to be able to go since it's been a few months. Beau and I had to take turns watching the kids (we've taken near-by temples for granted). We also had a little bit of time to visit a couple museums. We went to the Museum of Natural History and the Air and Space Museum. CROWDED but awesome!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

I swear, between you and Ashley, I may just have to start running just so I can feel like part of the club. I know that sounds really pathedic but hey, I'm not embarressed by my own pathedicness :)

Unknown said...

wow, that first picture of you flexing makes people think twice about messing with you. You mean business!

HalnJess said...

The shot of the girls at the temple is so cute. You guys are good sports for taking turns watching the girls!!

Okay, can I just say how awesome your race shot is!! I'm going to stand and applaud you now!